Technology Project Manager
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Project Manager - Technology Project Management Office (PMO)
Position band: G3
Reports to: Manager, Technology PMO
Type of position: Full-time
Who we are
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best talent. We've built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We're problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, are committed to personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
We currently have an opening in the Technology PMO team for a Technology Project Manager, based in the Toronto office. The purpose of this position is to ensure the successful delivery of various deliverables focused on the transformation of managed technology services with key partners, as well as coordination and project management of related internal working teams, steering committees, and stakeholder alignment to satisfy business needs and requirements for the transformation project. The Project Manager has primary responsibility to apply defined Project Management practices to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, in scope, and are relevant to the business objectives. Key stakeholders include users of the Technology solutions, McDonald's Leadership, and external partners, and/or the governance/sponsorship groups.
Who you are
You have strong technical, organizational, and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced, agile environment. You love to learn, are resourceful and takes initiative to get things done. You have experience coordinating multiple projects, leveraging strong computer skills and have an eye for detail.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
Principal Accountabilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and/or provide input into the project charter, including scope definition, risks, issues, assumptions and stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
- Build the team and lead the project by inspiring a shared vision and supporting, motivating, and celebrating with the project team.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and timelines with the ability to secure commitments, communicate deadlines and enforce dates.
- Effectively manage change to the schedule, scope and budget.
- Identify and manage issues, risk or conflict as soon as discovered by applying strong troubleshooting, problem solving or analytic skills, leading resolution discussions, negotiating or proposing solutions.
- Manage team relationships and conflict resolution.
- Define success criteria for gates identified and define how to measure project success.
- Create and manage or provide input into detailed project budgets.
- Identify people and/or hardware requirements and work with resource managers to secure resources.
- Create and/or provide input into communication and change management plans.
- Provide comprehensive status updates, customized as required for each purpose and stakeholder group.
- Apply best practices and lessons learned from previous projects. Facilitate project post mortems and share lessons learned with stakeholders and other PMs.
- Help define, refine, implement, and maintain Project Management standards and disciplines within the market technology Project Management team.
- Experience working in a QSR, or Retail environment preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ Project Management experience leading complex Technology and cross-functional programs/project required
- Passion for technology with strong technical acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field preferred
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and tools
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Clarizen preferred
- Driven and determined to succeed, remaining focused on the project until successfully delivered.
- Self-starter that can lead and manage with minimal guidance/oversight required
- Demonstrated ability to drive project execution of multiple projects in an organized and disciplined manner in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate with business and technical audiences of all levels
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships, collaborate, build consensus and partner in a global team environment with cross functional teams and outside organizations
- Ability to effectively synthesize information
- Willing to have the ‘tough discussions’ and in challenging situations, is tireless, strong willed, persistent, tenacious and determined
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize personal and project work according to benefit, goals and objectives
- Adapts quickly to new or changing conditions
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.