Technical Product Manager, Mobile App Deployments
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
About McDonald’s Global Product Engineering Team
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers each year. More and more of our customers are interacting with McDonald’s through Digital channels, including our Mobile Apps and In-Store Kiosks. The McDonald’s Global Product Engineering Team is responsible for driving digital innovation inside and outside of our restaurants. We identify the most meaningful opportunities for our customers and our business, and we bring them to life through industry-changing products like Mobile Ordering and McDelivery.
The Product Engineering Manager reports into the Sr Product Engineering Manager, Platform Delivery & DevOps. Oversees and manages all market deployment & engineering activities. Product Engineering Manager works closely with the Market Product Manager (Global Mobile App Product Owner), acting as liaison between Market and Global Core Development. DAP resources within a market will report to the Product Engineering Manager.
As Product Engineering Manager, Mobile App Deployments you’ll be responsible for evolving the end-to-end production deployment process for the McDonald’s global mobile app, including localization, configuration, automated testing, canary release, and production monitoring. You’ll manage a Digital Adoption team (DAP) that executes market localization around the world and will work to drive standardization and process improvements that help our teams deploy higher quality code, faster.
The Product Engineering Manager will leverage their deep expertise with coordinating multi-product deployment processes and strong partnerships with market teams to improve quality, efficiency, and accelerate our ability to deploy new features that our customers love. This role is central to ensuring our mobile app releases are high-quality and support our markets and customers-the buck stops with them.
- In collaboration with market stakeholders, manage the engineering tasks and processes necessary to release a localized mobile app build into the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Maintain deployment schedules for all Mobile App Releases in market with priority from Market Product Manager
- Manage Digital Adoption Partners team, acting as first point of escalation for market with defects for efficient resolution with Product Engineering teams
- Champion iterative evolution of our tools and processes to drive efficiency and higher quality for our production releases.
- Foster relationships between team of Site Reliability Engineers for triaging and resolving market specific production issues in our mobile apps.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency metrics for market deployment process
- Facilitate collaboration between market stakeholders and global Release Managers for initiative and marketing timelines
- Manages sprit planning, set sprint scope/schedules in alignment with Market Product Manager
- Manages execution of market specific development with DAP teams under Product Engineering governance
- Works with Market Product Manager to evaluate releases against quality gates for Go / No Go decision
- 3-5 years of Technical Project Management or Engineering Management experience in an enterprise global environment.
- Extensive experience working with Agile methodologies and expertise in production deployment processes and continuous deployment best practices.
- Experience working in a distributed (virtual) and culturally diverse teams across multiple time zones.
- Deep knowledge of mobile technologies on the iOS and Android platforms, especially related to beta, canary, and production release processes.
- Must be passionate about technology and opinionated about the best ways to deploy products and features that customer love to use.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects in parallel, including prioritizing major initiatives and negotiating trade-offs with business stakeholders.
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter, with a proven track record of "getting things done."
- Customer-centric mindset, with a focus on organizational goals.
- The ability to deliver information in a clear, succinct way, ensuring the organization makes rapid and informed decisions.
- To be a hardworking facilitator who leads strategy creation and planning discussions.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.