Shift Manager Trainee
Shift Manager Trainee
At Leamington McDonald’s, we’re committed to offering our employees a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment where they have the resources to succeed. We offer the opportunities to learn new skills such as teamwork, communication, leadership, organization, and so much more. We understand that people are the foundation of our success. That is why we're committed to ensuring our employees get more than just a paycheque. We offer benefits such as 50% of your McFavouties, flexible schedules, opportunities for advancement, scholarship programs, post-secondary education opportunities, and so much more.
We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners.
Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Scholarship program for students attending post-secondary education
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights on what your job will entail:
- Inspiring a team, instilling a sense of pride, and creating a culture that helps deliver the world’s best Quick Service Restaurant experience
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for your guests, your team, and yourself
- Managing and leading a team of Managers and Crew Members
- Participating in local events that positively impact your community
- Upholding our renowned cleanliness methodology
- Building sales and profits, which in turn build your value, professionally and financially.
Your vibe and experience
While previous experience working in food service or retail as a barista, server, sales associate, cashier, team member, or customer sales representative as a manager is always helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
You lead by example and are accountable. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for yourself and your team. When confronted with a situation, you can assess and problem-solve with confidence. You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You're energetic and bring positive attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with your team.
- Energetic, strong work ethic, flexible and the ability to learn and thrive with new skills and opportunities.
- Ability to multitask and perform in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain cool, calm and collective under pressure.
- Previous experience working in the QSR industry is an asset
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
"None of Us is as Good as All of Us" - Ray Kroc
At Leamington McDonald's, we pride ourselves on offering a diverse, inclusive and people-focused culture. Behind our People Vision stands our absolute commitment to respect and recognize our people, to support their personal growth and education, to instill leadership and dedication, and to provide them with the best working environment possible.
Values and Behaviours
- We act in the best interest of the company, our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- We communicate openly, listen for understanding and value diverse opinions.
- We accept personal accountability.
- We coach and learn.
Respect and Recognition
- Employees are respected, valued and empowered.
- Employees are recognized and rewarded in many ways.
- Great rewards for outstanding work include a variety of exciting "Once in a Lifetime Opportunities."
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Click below to applyApply Online
Req ID: PDX_MC_233955EB-9931-4B69-9F5B-B3B151868787_73124