Senior Manager, Strategic and Leadership Communications
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Senior Manager, Strategic and Leadership Communications
Department: Canada Impact
Position band: Management / Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic, Corporate and Leadership Communications
Type of position: Full-time
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the implementation of internal strategic & leadership communications strategies, including the implementation of corporate engagement plans for driving brand trust through corporate and Impact-led initiatives. A key responsibility of this role will be to bring to life how McDonald’s elevate the brand and grow trust, affinity and pride across our system. In particular, the incumbent will work diligently to strengthen communications from the company and its leaders to all internal audiences and engage them in the business and the McDonald’s brand. This includes working closely with members of the Canada Impact Team and the business on key internal touchpoints and meetings that bring to life the business story for our internal audiences.
This role will pay a part in writing, message development and ongoing communications (speeches, presentations, system correspondence) of the President and other members of the Canadian Senior Leadership Team.
Audiences include: corporate staff, restaurant managers, franchisees, crew, suppliers, media, third parties and other.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.***
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare writing, message development and ongoing communications (speeches, presentations, system correspondence) of the President and leadership team.
- Developing and executing internal communication plans for priority systemwide initiatives that enable us to increase trust and pride in the brand
- Provide cross functional advice & support for internal events (Worldwide, Canadian owner/operator and restaurant manager) to support the strategy, vision and core values of the company
- Manage project and event budgets
- Attend various leadership and Operator meetings in order to align leadership priorities across the organization.
- Act as a liaison for the President with internal and external constituents, managing requests for CEO participation in internal and external events.
- Understand and deliver against the aligned platform for all leadership and strategic communications to the McDonald’s system, both Nationally and Regionally.
- Work with the broader Canada Impact Team to increase communications effectiveness across the Canadian organization by creating communications plans that help bring the team’s mission to life and drive trust and pride.
- Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience in communications related field.
- Experience in developing internal communications plans
- Comprehensive understanding of internal communications principles and practices
- Working knowledge of a large corporate environment and/or knowledge of the McDonald's system considered an asset
- Communication: Exceptional communication and writing skills, particularly in key message development, script/speech writing, presentation support. Intermediate-level proficiency in French is strongly preferred.
- Collaboration: Enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with diverse stakeholders, especially senior management
- People Management: enjoys working independently but also as part of a team. Experience with direct reports required.
- Project management: Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set and work to deadlines
- Analytical: Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to escalate when needed in a timely manner
- Flexibility: Some (approximately 5%) business travel across Canada will be required, as well as attending some key leadership and Owner/Operator meetings.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.