RMHC - Executive Administration Specialist
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Executive Administration Specialist
Department: Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada
Position band: Specialist (Global G2)
Reports to: CEO
Type of position: Full time
Direct Reports: none
The Executive Administration Specialist is an energetic professional who will enthusiastically support, execute and optimize the effective administration of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Canada. This seasoned professional will interface with all facets of RMHC Canada: RMHC Canada Team, Board of Directors, McDonald’s Canada, RMHC Global, 12 RMHC Regional Chapters, Agencies, Donors and Corporate Partners, reporting to the CEO.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Executive Administrative Support:
- Provide executive administrative support as a trusted partner to the CEO, including calendaring, travel arrangements, preparing meeting materials, briefing and agendas, monthly expense report preparation and review; draft, edit and prepare correspondence; key project monitoring and tracking.
Board Governance Operations:
- Executive Administration: provide executive administrative support to the Board of Directors and Board Committees (x4), including management of meetings (invitations / booking, pre-read material, agenda, minutes, on-site logistics, catering, a/v & hybrid technology, execute post meeting surveys) and related activities.
- Online Board Portal: Execute content updates to online Board Portal website, BoardEffect, for RMHC Canada Board of Directors and all Board Committees (x4) provide training for Directors, Committee volunteers and staff, share best practices, as determined by the Operations Consultant.
- Orientation Coordination: Coordinate and support onboarding and orientation process for new Board Directors, Committee members, Regional Chapter CEOs, Board Presidents, Owner Operators. Update and distribute orientation package / decks, schedule meetings with other stakeholders as required (e.g. Board Chair / CEO, Finance, NPP, MarComm, Research, others).
- Imagine Canada Accreditation Report - execute annual online submission
- Federal & Provincial (ON) Lobbying Registries - execute monthly filings and ensure continued compliance
- Governance Tools and Policy Index - maintain inventory and current archive of key documents, incl regular review and update cycle per Imagine Canada / RMHC Canada
- Minute Books - keep current and up to date for board and committees.
RMHC Canada Team Administration:
- RMHC Canada Team Meetings & Events: coordination, scheduling and execution of regular monthly team meetings, quarterly events - invitations, meeting host / room booking, coordinate presentation deck and meeting materials, timekeeping, provide executional and logistics support for special team engagement projects (e.g. holiday, wellness, back to office)
- Team Onboarding: Coordinate and execute orientation materials and onboarding process for new team members, including equipment, office access & orientation, technology orientation & training.
Regional Chapters & External Stakeholder Support:
- First Point of Contact (rmhc.ca, general mailbox): Independently manage, direct and/or fulfill inquiries and requests from inception / first point of contact to effective conclusion.
- Regional Chapter file sharing: Manage resource library and individual access (MSTeams)
- Regional Chapter leadership (Board President, Board & CEO) contact Lists: keep current and share with RMHC Canada team
- Regional Chapter Meetings (CEO’s, Board Presidents): administration, invitation, logistics support (pre-read material, meeting notes, technology)
- Oversee and optimize the day-to-day administration of RMHC Canada, including integration and partnership with McDonald’s team administrators
- Technology: Ensure the efficient and consistent implementation and optimization of new and existing tools to enhance collaboration, efficiency and effectiveness amongst the RMHC Canada Team and Regional Chapters: SharePoint, Outlook, MS Teams, OneDrive, Board Portal, WebEx, DocuSign, File Sharing, MSPlanner and others.
- File Management: Manage and organize RMHC Canada’s long-term and online storage of key files, materials, creative assets and documents, as per MRCL retention policy and procedures.
- Tax Receipting: execute regular tax receipt processing, and donor communication, according to RMHC Canada procedures and all CRA requirements, in partnership with Finance and National Partnership teams.
Qualifications and Requirements
* Demonstrated team player, with a high execution proficiency across multiple priorities and diverse stakeholder groups.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; demonstrated sound judgement and ability to manage confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, complex, high-volume, multi-stakeholder corporate culture, with the ability to adjust quickly to change and a ‘can do’ attitude.
* Well organized, resourceful, with the ability to work within tight deadlines while still maintaining a high level of accuracy, output, and attention to detail
* Dedicated self-starter who can work independently and within a peer-based team setting.
* Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office 365 products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Board Effect
* Possess the spirit of philanthropy and giving back, with a desire to work in a mission-based organization that is focused on advancing the mandate of RMHC Canada to support families with sick children.
* Actively demonstrates RMHC and McDonald’s values
* Knowledge of the McDonald’s system, Bilingualism (English / French), and experience planning and executing corporate events would be strong assets
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.