As the General Manager, it is your responsibility for growing restaurant sales and guest counts profitably, and for ensuring the restaurant meets McDonald’s critical guest standards of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness. The General Manager role models best-in-class Guest Experience behavior's.
The General Manager works with their manager (supervisor or consultant) to set the restaurant’s targets with a growth mindset and creates a plan to achieve the targets. The General Manager doesn’t work alone to meet restaurant targets, they lead a team of Department Managers who have specific responsibilities in the restaurant. This means supporting the Department Managers in setting their individual targets, following up on their progress, and providing coaching and direction to improve their department results. By improving the Departments, the restaurant improves.
The General Manager is responsible for energizing crew and managers and encouraging their Department Managers to do the same. This includes hiring and developing each manager to ensure the restaurant has the right team to lead them into the future.
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
* Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further.
* A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
* When you are working at McDonald’s, you get to enjoy your meals for free, before or after your shift. Additionally, you will be automatically enrolled into the McDonald’s Platinum program which gets you a 50% discount on your meals at ANY McDonald’s restaurant across Canada!
* Certain benefits are available to full-time employees including Group Insurance (health, dental, life and long-term disability).
* Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs.
* Free, easy-care uniforms, we will even pay for your shoes!
* A safe, respectful, and inclusive workplace
* Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day!
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights on what your job will entail:
* Inspiring a team, instilling a sense of pride, and creating a culture that helps deliver the world’s best Quick Service Restaurant experience.
* Maintaining a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for your guests, your team, and yourself
* Managing and leading a team of Managers and Crew Members
* Participating in local events that positively impact your community.
* Upholding our renowned cleanliness methodology
* Building sales and profits, which in turn build your value, professionally and financially.
Your vibe and experience
Previous management experience working in the fast food service is mandatory for this role in our organization.
You lead by example and are accountable. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for yourself and your team. When confronted with a situation, you can assess and problem-solve with confidence. You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests.
Our community is important to us. Here is some of the ways we are trying to make a difference:
* McHappy Day - donations are shared between the North Bay Regional Health Centre, One Kids Place and the Ronald McDonald House in Toronto
* Toy Drive with The Rock Radio Station - donating to Lipi, big brothers/sisters, transition house and the children's aid society.
* Atomc Hockey sponsorship - sponsor the AtoMc division locally.
* North Bay Food Bank - donating unsold great quality food products.
* North Bay Regional Health Centre- we have donated over 1000 Egg McMuffins to date.
* One Kids Place- Sponsor and donate.
We donate to many other local charities and organizations throughout the year.
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California and wrote the first page of McDonald’s history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.