Restaurant Manager - Annual salary of $60 000
Performance bonus program
We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners.
Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day
Manager / Restaurant Manager :
The General Manager (GG) is responsible for the restaurant's sales growth and customer base profitability as well as ensuring the restaurant meets McDonald's high standards for quality, service and cleanliness. The General Manager models exemplary customer experience behaviors.
The General Manager works with the Manager reporting to him to establish the restaurant's targets for growth and put in place a plan to achieve those targets. The general manager does not work alone; he manages a team of department managers who hold specific responsibilities within the restaurant. This means supporting department managers in setting their personal targets, tracking their progress, and providing coaching and guidance to improve their department's results. By improving departmental results, we improve restaurant results.
The General Manager is responsible for energizing team members and managers. This includes hiring and training each manager to ensure a winning team is in place in the restaurant for the future.
Performance measures :
Review restaurant newsletter to determine relevant annual performance measures. These measures are, but not limited to:
- Growth in sales/number of customers
- Growth of peak periods
- General performance of the pastry and order terminals
- Effectiveness of customer number forecasts
- Restaurant profits
- Staffing levels (management team and team members)
- P.A.E.R. Brand Standards Visit Notes
- General SSC Notes
- Team turnover rate over 90 days and general turnover rate
- Development of members of the management team
- Integration of team members and follow-up after 60 days
- Management team turnover rate
The candidate must have:
- Experience, 2 years minimum in fast food.
- Sense of responsibility
- Must be customer focused
- Aim for excellence
- Have a positive attitude
- Must be reliable
- Have an excellent sense of leadership
- Having good communication skills
- Be motivating and energetic
- Prioritize teamwork
*Experience at McDonald's: is an asset.
- Full-time jobs with a flexible schedule that meets your needs;
- A competitive starting salary with regular salary increases based on performance;
- Access to benefits, such as medical, dental and life insurance
- The chance to learn cutting-edge business skills through our world-class training and development programs;
- Bonus program
- Reimbursement of mileage
- Cellular allowance
- Complete management training program
- Merits and recognition of service
- Discount program
- Free uniforms
Your vibe and experience
While previous experience working in food service or retail as a barista, server, sales associate, cashier, team member, or customer sales representative as a manager is always helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
You lead by example and are accountable. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for yourself and your team. When confronted with a situation, you can assess and problem-solve with confidence. You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests.
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.