Restaurant Management Positions
Restaurant Management Positions
Guelph is growing and so is McDonald's. We are actively looking for individuals to join our Career management team as Department Managers and Restaurant Leaders (i.e. General Managers). We are also looking for Shift Managers who want to use their previous restaurant leadership skills in an hourly paid position, on a part-time or full-time basis. While previous experience working in food service or retail as a barista, server, sales associate, cashier, team member, or customer sales representative as a manager is always helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Potential to earn $45,000 - $65,000 depending on the Career management position
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day
While a competitive salary is a great starting point - our career team in Guelph also enjoys the following perks:
- Paid sick days or year end wellness payout
- Quarterly bonus eligibility
- Monthly cell and car allowance
- RRSP matching program
- Health and Dental coverage contributions
- Fitness reimbursements
- Education allowance
- Manager of the Quarter eligibility
- Up to 5 weeks paid vacation
- One free meal per shift
- Yearly team outings and events
- Free uniforms and non-slip shoes
- Extra 'stat' day off in months that don't have an official one
- 50% off family meals
- Ontario Colleges partnership
Shift Management positions also offer a lot of the above perks and we can discuss the specifics during the interview.
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights on what your job will entail:
- Inspiring a team, instilling a sense of pride, and creating a culture that helps deliver the world’s best Quick Service Restaurant experience
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for your guests, your team, and yourself
- Managing and leading a team of Managers and Crew Members
- Participating in local events that positively impact your community
- Upholding our renowned cleanliness methodology
- Building sales and profits, which in turn build your value, professionally and financially.
Your vibe and experience
You lead by example and are accountable. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for yourself and your team. When confronted with a situation, you can assess and problem-solve with confidence. You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests.
In 2016, Jennifer Antolin purchased the McDonald's restaurants in Guelph. Since then, she's been recognized by McDonald's Canada with a National People Award. She has built a team of award-winning Supervisors and General Managers who have been recognized nationally and globally by receiving multiple Golden Maple Leaf awards, Outstanding Manager of the
Year awards, and a Global Ray Kroc award.
Since purchasing the Guelph market, her restaurants have raised over $250,000 in support of local charities, such as KidsAbility, Guelph General Hospital, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph and Ronald McDonald House Charities. She proudly sponsors the Guelph Girls Hockey Association, "Fryday Night Lights" (District 10 high school football), the U7 "Small Fries" soccer league in Guelph and is a founding partner of the Guelph Nighthawks professional basketball team.
Come join the over 500 individuals who serve nearly 3 million guests each year in Guelph. There is something for everyone at McDonald’s and we are excited to welcome you to the McFamily.
Check us out on Instagram @mcdonaldsguelph