Salary according to your experience and bonus program
We're more than just your local restaurant. Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve our delicious products to more than 2.5 million customers in over 1,400 restaurants every day, or that we proudly help more than 300,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Working with us means you'll have the opportunity to learn on the job, enjoy flexible hours and work in a safe, inclusive environment. What this means in practice :
- Access to training and skills development opportunities that will help you advance your career
- Total compensation including discounts, incentive programs and benefits in recognition of your work
- Flexible hours and schedules to suit your needs, in communities across Canada
- A safe, respectful and inclusive work environment
- Opportunity to express your authenticity at work - people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures are welcome - just like the customers who visit our restaurants every day.
We're sure you've got an idea of what it's like to work with us, but just in case, here are a few highlights about the job a few highlights about the job:-
- To inspire the team, instill a sense of pride and create a culture that will contribute to delivering the best quick-service restaurant experience in the world.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for you, your customers and your team.
- Manage and lead a team of managers and team members.
- Participate in local events that have a positive impact on your community.
- Enforce our renowned cleanliness methodology.
- Increase sales and profits, which in turn increases your value, both professionally and financially.
Your energy and experience
Although your previous work experience in the restaurant or retail industry as a barista, waiter, sales associate, cashier, team member, sales representative or manager is always useful and appreciated, what matters most is who you are. You lead by example and are accountable. You set high expectations and constantly raise the bar for yourself and your team. When faced with a situation, you can assess and resolve issues with confidence. You put people before profit, because you know that a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged employees who will deliver a better customer experience.
In 1954, entrepreneur-salesman Ray Kroc discovered a small hamburger joint in California and wrote the first page of McDonald's® history. In 1967, the first McDonald's restaurant in Canada opened in Richmond, British Columbia. Since then, we've grown with our communities, serving quality food at great value. Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to rank among the leading
Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to rank among the world's leading foodservice companies, offering employment opportunities in both company-owned and independently franchised restaurants.
What's more, we remain committed to our long-standing policy that all employees and candidates have equal and fair access to opportunities. If your application is retained as part of the selection process and you require accommodation, we will find or provide suitable accommodation to take into account your needs due to a limitation.