Regional Marketing Supervisor - Ontario/Atlantic
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Regional Marketing Supervisor - Ontario/Atlantic
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Senior Regional Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time, Contract (13 months)
The Regional Marketing Supervisor is a 13-month contract opportunity reporting to the Senior Regional Marketing Manager. Based in Toronto, the Regional Marketing Supervisor will be accountable for the execution and facilitation of assigned marketing programs in Ontario and Atlantic Canada. This role will work closely with the regional Insights lead, Communications Manager, the Regional Marketing team, the National Marketing team, the Field Service Directors and Operations team.
Who you are
You thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy building productive work relationships with internal and external teams. You have strong project management and administrative skills to move the team forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a critical thinker, with strong communication skills to effectively support the team in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates the tactical development, execution, evaluation, and continuous improvement of assigned marketing, all local restaurant marketing, and assigned sales building initiatives in Ontario and Atlantic to achieve business objectives.
- Support the Regional Marketing Lead in the identification of market opportunities and the development and execution of any subsequent programs.
- Supports and demonstrates strategic thinking and being the "voice of the consumer" in all programs, with respect to the development of the regional marketing plan.
- Manage agency activity with regards to the regional marketing plans and assigned local sales building in Ontario/Atlantic. Supervise agency execution of the national/regional calendars in coordination with the Regional Marketing Lead.
- Inspire the cross-functional agency team to excel through providing a complete program brief, briefing of external agencies, facilitating brainstorming meetings, approval of concepts, and monitoring of the program.
- Gathers (with the help of the Business Research group), analyzes and provides accurate, relevant, timely information so that agencies make the best recommendations and operators make informed and confident decisions.
- Responsible for understanding and being up to date with program sales results, and economic and industry trends.
- The experience and education: Demonstrated marketing experience with a mix of category and/or brand management combined with account and/or creative agency experience. A business degree or MBA in marketing is considered an asset
- Creativity: a creative marketer with the ability to inspire a team to think outside the box
- Project Management skills: Strong organizational skills and effective multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and make critical decisions
- Interpersonal and Communication skills: Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical: Sound strategic thinker with strong financial and analytical acumen
- Flexibility: Thrives in a fast-paced environment, cross-functional work environment as an individual contributor and team player
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.