Regional Construction Manager - Ontario
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Regional Construction Manager - Ontario
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Management/Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: National Director, Construction
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Regional Construction Manager is accountable for construction execution of projects throughout Ontario, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget and adheres to site development and quality control standards. Leading a team of Area Construction Managers and Project Specialists, the Regional Construction Manager will partner with the Regional Real Estate Manager to identify and execute development opportunities to ensure best use of capital and market potential. Key stakeholders include Regional Leadership, Development Team, Owner/Operators, Operations Department and Regional Staff.
Who you are
You have the leadership abilities to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast-paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
- Partners with the Regional Real Estate Manager in gathering and analyzing information on the potential of the market and each restaurant in Ontario, leveraging Profitable Market Optimization tools to strategically focus and prioritize actions to maximize market potential.
- Actively provides input in the creation of the vision plan.
- Partners with Regional Real Estate Manager to prioritize development opportunities to ensure best use of capital (e.g., timing, funding and returns) within the region
- Creates, manages, and executes the development plan to meet portfolio returns and goals of the Development team.
- Ensures quality control standards for construction (e.g., cost, timing, site building design layout, specifications)
- Works with National Restaurant Design Group to ensure consistency and apply McDonald’s Site Development Standards to optimize the site development processes (e.g., site layout, zoning, signage, building capacity)
- Monitors and controls the construction process by coordinating the efforts of others (e.g., contractors, attorneys, consultants, government agencies)
- Reviews and presents construction contracts packages to management for approval
- Communicates and implements corporate policies and procedures
- Leads the team in fostering and strengthening relationships with general contractors and other external vendors/suppliers
- Provides effective consulting and maintains effective working relationships with regional leadership, owner/operators, other McDonald departments, alliance partners and other outside organizations.
- Develops team members and leads the team to personal and professional growth.
- Experience: demonstrated experience working with in a food and/or retail environment. Experience in the Quick-Service-Restaurant (QSR) industry is considered a bonus
- Knowledge: understanding of National and Provincial Building Code, construction methods and best practices is required
- Leadership: demonstrable evidence of prior application and positive results through strategic thinking
- People skills: proven track record as a people manager with a keen interest and ability to develop direct reports into a high performing team
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively build strong partnerships with diverse audiences
- Project management skills: Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to make critical decisions to drive project success
- Problem solving skills: committed to effective conflict resolution practices paired with the ability to resolve issues favorably to the corporation while maintaining positive relations with other parties
- Flexibility: ability to work in fast-paced agile environment with the ability to adapt to changing priority paired with the ability to travel within Canada up to 30% of the year.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: 743999899802727
- Project Management