Real Estate Specialist - Western Canada
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Real Estate Specialist - Western Canada
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: Real Estate Manager
Location Burnaby, BC
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
Base salary range: $65,000 - $75,000
Total rewards: 12% potential bonus, profit share, benefits available upon start, 3 weeks' vacation, short Friday's and more!
The Real Estate Specialist will be responsible for the facilitation and coordination of McDonald’s Real Estate projects in Canada. Based in our Burnaby office, the Specialist will work collaboratively with the Real Estate Team to ensure assigned construction projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Who you are:
You're a self-starter who can work independently and take initiative. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You’re organized, collaborative, a problem solver, and always puts the customer first.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change & growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Real Estate Projects (80%):
- Assist with the circulation and approvals of capital budgets.
- Manages and process’s all requests for purchase sites.
- Compiles and Manages CER Process
- Follows the internal approval process of CER until completion within a specific timeline as the development project required
- Assist with preparation of site packages to management for approval
- Monitor and update key real estate schedules in Canadian Directory, Smartsheet’s and MBS.
- Ensures that site files are organized, maintained, updated and contains required information on Real Estate Folder Required Documentation Checklist.
- Pull titles for any potential site, including any charges on title.
- Organizes and sets meeting and then take minutes in regional and national meetings.
- Manages and improves Real Estate processes withing Real Estate
- Travel - occasional travel for meetings with National team and site visits.
Admin Support (20%):
- Support Area Real Estate Managers and National Director on various admin tasks, including:
- Setting up meeting invites and reminders.
- Coordinates/Plans for various meetings.
- Putting together meeting agendas.
- Taking meeting minutes and distributing.
- Generating reports from McDonalds database.
- 3-5 years of related work experience. Experience in project coordination skills and/or real estate administration is considered an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of (or aptitude to learn) database systems (i.e.: Oracle and Smartsheet’s)
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work on multiple projects while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.