Real Estate Coordinator (Asset Management)
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Real Estate Coordinator (Asset Management)
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Coordination (Global Grade 1)
Reports to: National Director, Asset Management
Type of position: Full-time, Contract (12 months)
The Real Estate Asset Management Department is hiring a Real Estate Coordinator in the Toronto office. The role reports to the Director, National Asset Management. The successful candidate will partner with Restaurant Development, Asset Management, Franchising, Construction, Field Service, etc. and be accountable for providing support to the business units and complete administrative tasks.
Key customers include: Asset and Property Managers, Reinvestment Consultants, Area Construction Managers, Property Tax Manager, Restaurant Development Team, Owner Operators, McOpCo (Corporate Owned) and Regional Staff.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about the real estate business and have the initiative to build positive relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to tackle tasks quickly and are highly detail-oriented. You have strong interpersonal and organization skills who can effectively support our system and strategic initiatives in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you? This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
- Support the Asset Management team with daily administrative tasks, including preparing and reconciling data in Excel and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Assisting Asset and Property Managers with property management issues, including maintenance issues, operating costs disputes, estoppel/status certificates, snow removal, pest control issues, compliance of restrictive covenants, and preparing and submitting letter correspondence to landlords, tenants and vendors.
- Working directly with Restaurant Development Staff in the coordination of all renovation projects, digital menu board approvals, and site plan approvals for renovations and additions.
- Working directly with Property Tax Consultant on information requests for Assessment Appeals, research for comparable properties and day-to-day assistance with appeals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- The experience: Demonstrated knowledge in real estate (commercial leases and lease terms) and/or work experience in commercial real estate.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills paired with the ability to build strong work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management skills: Well-organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to manage multiple tasks at any given time, with tight deadlines - while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical skills: technologically savvy, with experience in Microsoft Office applications (i.e.: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc..).
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.