Property Manager, Capacity -National Portfolio (2 year Contract)
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Property Manager, Capacity -National Portfolio
Department: Restaurant Development
Reports to: Senior National Asset Manager
Type of position: Full-time, 2-year Contract
Capacity is a national strategy to significantly renovate our restaurants: to enable production for growth as we continue to innovate and add capabilities; to create the right working environment to allow our people in the restaurants to excel; to provide an elevated guest experience across all channels, adding Digital to our DNA; and to maintain our competitive edge and provide a seamless guest experience.
The Real Estate Asset Management Department is hiring a Property Manager, Capacity - National Portfolio, located in the Toronto office. The role reports to the Senior National Asset Manager. The successful candidate will partner with Property Management, Asset Managers, Reinvestment, Legal, Construction, Field Service, and Owner/Operators (franchisees). and be accountable for managing landlord approvals for national restaurant projects and managing property management matters relating to the Capacity projects.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about the real estate business and have the leadership abilities to build positive relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to tackle problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong interpersonal and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
- Act as a point of contact for the Capacity internal team and external consultants to manage landlord approvals and/or landlord-related issues or escalations to ensure minimal disruption to restaurant project timelines
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/consultants to execute lease requirements
- Serves as the main liaison with landlords and restaurant owners, and prepares and reviews correspondence relating to landlord approvals and lease obligations.
- Monitor and track progress; prepare reporting for senior management
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders, and third parties/vendors
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bilingual in French and English is not mandatory, but the role may have some responsibility of Quebec properties.
- 2-3 years of experience in property management or lease administration in commercial real estate, with a strong knowledge of leases
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to manage multiple sites at any given time, with tight deadlines - while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
- Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and lead all areas of responsibility, with minimal supervision and to impeccable professional standards.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.