Product Manager, Restaurant & Guest Technology
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Product Manager, Restaurant & Guest Technology
Department: Global Technology
Position band: Management/Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Restaurant & Guest Technology
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Product Manager, Restaurant & Guest Technology role is a full-time opportunity reporting to the Senior Manager, Restaurant & Guest Technology. Based in Toronto, the Product Manager will be accountable for the communication, development and implementation of restaurant (POS, kiosk, menu boards) and guest technology (mobile app). The Product Manager will work closely with various technology and cross-functional teams from both Canada and McDonald’s Global team.
Who you are
You are a Product Manager and a product enthusiast with experience working on mobile applications, restaurant technology and/or kiosk solutions. You’re comfortable working alongside development teams at all stages of the software development life cycle. You have a relentless focus on user experience and a keen eye for design. You can analyze consumer behavior and trends to identify opportunities for innovation. You value data over opinions, and have an intrinsic curiosity. You're a self-starter with an ambitious ability to get things accomplished. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments without breaking a sweat and have strong communication skills. You’re organized, creative, a problem solver, and enjoy partnering with others to drive results.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the design and development of Restaurant and Digital capabilities
- Thoroughly understand guest needs and anticipate guest demands in order to design and develop engaging digital products for Canada based on centrally-built core products from the Global Technology team
- Own product capabilities for the 3D’s (Drive-Thru, Digital & Delivery)
- Work in sync with Global peers (US, AU, UK, DE, FR) and the global Technology team to drive and develop local strategy
- Represent Canada’s priorities on the Global stage, and ensure that our guest experience is put at the forefront
- Prioritize digital product initiatives and transform product requirements into best-in-class digital products that deliver "everyday convenience and fun" to our guests
- Lead and advocate for technology to reduce complexity and allow our restaurants to focus on running great results.
- Use data in real-time to assess the performance and opportunities to improve our products, be relentless in striving to improve our product performance
- Work with Global colleagues and cross-functional team members at McDonald's Canada to coordinate and align product execution and delivery
- Lead a team of Product Consultants
- Education: Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline required and/or advanced business degree preferred
- Experience: Demonstrated experience working on an e-commerce product and/or omni-channel program focused on customer engagement and conversion rate optimization. Strong understanding of restaurant operations and platforms with the ability to explain and influence internal stakeholders and owner-operators
- Technology: Familiarity working with user story and task management systems (e.g. Jira, Trello, Asana), and platforms such as RFM, Clearview, RMU and Sesame.
- Guest-centric: Passion for discovering consumer behavior, trends, and/or opportunities for innovation. Solid understanding of digital and mobile user experience principles
- Collaborative communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with corporate staff, restaurant management teams, OTPs, and internal partners. Bilingual in English and French (written and oral communication skills) an asset but not required
- Problem-solving skills: innovative critical thinker with the ability to escalate issues when assistance is needed in a timely manner
- Agility: Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing competing priorities
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.