Product Consultant - Restaurant Operations Technology
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Product Consultant - Restaurant Operations Technology
Department: Global Technology - Canada
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Product Manager
Type of position: Full-time
We’re looking for a Restaurant Operations Technology Consultant to join our team and help optimize how we build and iterate our restaurant technology and digital products to create maximum value for the business and our guests.
As the Restaurant Operations Technology Consultant, you’ll be a member of a highly motivated team. You’ll collaborate with designers, product managers, developers, and internal partners to build, launch and optimize several strategic restaurant technology and digital initiatives.
You’ll work on new capabilities and features that hit the restaurant and will bring a strong restaurant operations perspective to the conversation. You will work with a cross-functional group of stakeholders to gain alignment on how features are configured and setup for the Canadian McDonald’s system. You’ll contribute to various forms of product documentation including roadmaps and user stories to support design and development activities. You’ll help define iterative product improvements through analysis, research, and experimentation.
Who you are
You embrace technology and have strong working knowledge of McDonald’s restaurant operations.
You comfortable with ambiguity and are passionate about how technology can improve and optimize the restaurant experience. You are an advocate of optimizing the restaurant experience and have ideas on how technology can help reduce crew complexity, solve manager challenges, and optimize the guest experience.
You're a self-starter with an ambitious ability to get things accomplished. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments without breaking a sweat and have strong communication skills. You’re organized, creative, a problem solver, and enjoy partnering with others to drive results.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You’ll be part of a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives. The role reports to the Digital Product Manager at the Canadian Head Office in Toronto and is part of the Canadian Technology team.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make informed product recommendations using input from partners and various sources including analytics, market trends, technology innovations, design & industry standards, and guest feedback.
- Assist in product planning including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation.
- Assist in the writing of user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
- Participate in product backlog grooming and prioritization.
- Be involved with issue triaging to ensure the highest quality standards of products.
- Create internal and guest-facing support content (e.g. release notes, manager’s guides, FAQs, etc.) to ensure maximum awareness of new product capabilities
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within a large global matrixed organization.
- The Experience: McDonald's in-restaurant work experience working on ecommerce product and/or omni-channel program focused on customer engagement and conversion rate optimization.
- Technology: Working knowledge of McDonald's POS, kiosk, and ecommerce products. Familiarity working with user story and task management systems (e.g. Jira, Trello, Asana),
- Flexibility: Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to successfully balance multiple tasks and deadlines.
The following are considered nice to have:
- Experience working in a global franchised model.
- Understanding of restaurant back-office reporting and McDonald’s Mobile Application
- Certificates and courses in Product Management and/or User Experience
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.