Part-Time Delivery Receiver
We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners.
Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Do you have experience working in a delivery receiving environment like a warehouse? Do you find joy in organizing and sorting? Do you enjoy heavy lifting and like exercise? This is the job for you! We are looking to hire a part-time position to support with weekly receiving our Martin Brower truck deliveries.
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice for this position is:
- Provided equipment for delivery receiving such as uniforms, equipment
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day
- Gas allowance is travel is required between delivery receiving locations
- Wage that starts at up to $19.00 per hour based on experience
- Annual performance and wage reviews
Here are the highlights on what your job will entail:
- Fast paced work as a team to safely and securely store goods and produce for different McDonald's restaurant locations, receiving deliveries
- Readiness for safely lifting large amounts of boxes and milk crates
- General Knowledge about basic food-safety for storage
- Organizing and cleaning stock areas and recycling/garbage
- Washing messy areas, carts and empty trays and crates
- In winter weather, salting and shoveling the walkway to allow deliveries
- Providing feedback to ordering managers about the condition of the products and amount ordered to improve restaurant order accuracy
- Ideal candidates will be available to receive a maximum number of deliveries on a weekly basis and keep up maintenance and cleaning tasks following and before receiving
Whether you are working in receiving deliveries, the kitchen, at the Drive-Thru, or at the front counter, you are a part of a dynamic team that works together to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
Your vibe and experience
While previous experience working in warehouse receiving or retail stocking is helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
You are trustworthy and have trust in others. You find joy in the details and believe good quality is what keeps guests coming back. You remain cool, calm and collected in a fast-paced environment. You understand there is no "I" in team and thrive in social situations. You’re always willing to learn and grow. You get that service isn’t a transaction, it’s about connection. That a smile can make all the difference in someone’s day. It’s genuine, and it’s who you are.
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.