National Lease Specialist- Bilingual
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Job Title: National Lease Specialist ( BILINGUAL)
Department : Restaurant Development
Job Band: Specialist
Role Type : Full time Permanent
Location: Dorval, Quebec or Toronto, Ontario
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world? We currently have a National Lease Administrator position available in the National Restaurant Development Department, based either in our Toronto office or Montreal office.
Key internal customers are the Asset Management team, Real Estate teams, Finance teams both in Canada and the USA, Landlord’s, and other internal stakeholders.
The key function of this role will to be lead the management of our Lease System (Tririga). This position will own the system, drive efficiencies, maintain and will be a system super user.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a growing organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews lease agreements and abstracts key information including but not limited to lease provisions, clauses, options and critical dates, property information (i.e. square footage), business, legal and financial agreements and obligations, terms and conditions
- Enters and maintains lease agreement information within lease management database. Responsible for data integrity of lease information
- Act as owner/lead for Tririga change and communications for system enhancements.
- Global Role Manager for Access to the System for Canadian Restaurant Development Users
- Work with Internal and External Auditors on requests and quarterly Audit’s
- Develop and update internal and external correspondence to keep cross-functional units up to date on all lease changes
- Review all training material related to both Canadian and global initiatives, ensuring alignment to Global but with focus on the Canadian local market.
- Responsible to ensure all workflow in system is reviewed and approved in system twice a month before rent payments are made to Landlord’s for Canadian System and for month end close with Finance
- Lead the development of monthly reviews with National Director and all other ad hoc communications requests from Regional Asset Managers and Shared Services department
- Provide non legal lease interpretation on lease clauses
- Preparation of Legal estoppel certificates and management of appropriate execution and negotiation with Landlord’s
- Critical Date management (ensure all tenant critical dates are tracked and managed)
- Generate reports as required such as KPI, Critical dates, options to terminate
- Provide due diligence on landlord/tenant change of ownership including working with Landlord’s and Legal
- Manages and prepares requests for real estate and lease details for Franchisee rewrites; Owner Operator to Owner Operator Sales
- Liase with both regional Asset Managers and Shared Services
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership in Asset Management, Franchising, Legal and Accounting to manage communications via key message development and internal memos.
- Special projects as assigned by National Director, Asset Management.
- Accounting knowledge; work closely with Accounting department;
- Able to manage multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced environment
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for data-driven, technology-based workflows and processes to maintain the credibility of data across the real estate lifecycle. You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to tackle problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in both English and French is required
- Real Estate Development background would be a key asset
- Knowledge of systems such as Tririga, Laserfiche, Docusign, Smartsheets or similar document management or lease management platforms
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel (particularly with spreadsheets), PowerPoint
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand legal real estate documents
- Numerical aptitude an asset to set up financial lease schedules
- Well organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at any given time, with tight deadlines - while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast paced, high energy business environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.