National Design Consultant
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: National Design Consultant
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: National Design Manager
Type of position: Full-time, 2-year contract
The National Design Consultant will be accountable for developing solutions for space planning, décor and equipment layouts to suit the needs of existing locations and unique new restaurant opportunities, as well as provide support for key initiatives that drive restaurant capacity and modernization of the customer experience.
Who You Are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move projects forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Job Responsibilities include: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultivates and promotes positive working relationships with National Operations and other McDonald’s departments, and other outside organizations, McDonald’s Owner/Operators, consultants, and suppliers.
Development Plan Execution
- Space planning for modifications to existing restaurants and new restaurant locations, inclusive of back of house, dining room and kitchen equipment layouts.
- Adapting the latest McDonald’s kitchen equipment standards and global design concepts, both exterior and interior.
- Developing and maintaining design change bulletins to inform external and internal stakeholders of updates to standards and new concepts, inclusive of external consultant training.
- Developing and communicating strategies to ensure return on investment and value considerations are incorporated in new store and reinvestment projects.
- Design review of project proposals submitted by external consultants to ensure compliance with brand and design standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Education: A post-secondary degree in Architecture (B.Arch, M.Arch, etc.) and/or Interior Design.
- The experience: Demonstrated work experience in architecture or interior design with additional knowledge in the following areas:
- QSR or food service clients
- ASME drawings, peer review and red-lining of drawings and organization of drawing sets is an asset.
- Restaurant design, kitchen design/seating layouts is an asset
- Technical skills: Working knowledge of software including AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Smartsheet is an asset.
- Agility: Ability to lead multiple projects at any one time and work as a team member and facilitate a collaborative working environment
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.