Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing Strategy & Loyalty
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Marketing Specialist
Department: National Marketing
Position band: Specialist(G2)
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time
Who we are
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best talent. We've built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We're problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, are committed to personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world?
We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing Specialist, to join our team at the Toronto Corporate Office. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment filled with non-stop action, then this role is for you!
Who You Are
You love technology and all things digital. You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing Strategy & Loyalty portfolio in developing and implementing fully integrated, multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns to drive conversion to our digital rewards program; MyMcDonald’s Rewards and the McDonald’s app
- Support in campaign development and execution across marketing & media channels and strategic development of marketing briefs
- Responsible for and act as the liaison with internal teams and agencies for review and approval of campaigns; provide feedback to ensure they adhere to brand standards and legal regulations
- Partner with category leads to ensure digital campaign strategies are integrated within campaigns and supported with marketing tactics to achieve business goals
- Work with agency partners, Consumer and Business insights teams to identify, analyze and leverage best practices to optimize upcoming and future campaigns to drive digital acquisition, awareness & penetration
Project management & Communication:
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings and manage project timelines, deliverables, and approvals across all key stakeholders
- Lead war rooms for campaigns and marketing promotions; partnering with cross-functional teams to facilitate discussion, gather key information, track action items and support in post-campaign recaps
- Marketing lead for Deployment and Restaurant Execution of promotions by developing communication plans for field to ensure flawless execution; includes developing content and presenting and utilizing internal communication tools to communicate to the field in a timely manner
- Support of admin duties: billing, file management, ensuring campaign & project background information are saved & archived for easy reference
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in consumer retail or service marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing or Communications
- Knowledge of core marketing and media channels (Digital, Social, Mass, Merchandising, CRM)
- Knowledge of mobile apps, loyalty reward programs, digital trends and evolving industry changes
- Experience in managing multi-channel marketing campaigns and working with agencies
- Digital-forward thinker who is customer-focused
- Highly organized and detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize them to ensure they adhere to timelines
- Strong communication skills to act as a liaison, work effectively, and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Takes initiative to work independently on day-to-day priorities and planning for future needs.
- Thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment and agile to adapt to changing needs
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with digital data & analytics
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.