Marketing Manager, Core & Value
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Marketing Manager, Core & Value
Department: National Marketing
Position band: Management/Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join our team at the Toronto Corporate Office. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment filled with non-stop action, then this role is for you!
Who you are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Campaign Management & Execution
- Lead the Core PM Campaigns (Core = our most iconic products - Big Mac, McNuggets, QPC, McChicken); leading the cross-functional team (Menu Innovation, Supply Chain, Operations, Legal and Quality Assurance, Advertising Agency) to ensure projects are on strategy, drive results, build the baseline & are perfectly executed
- Work with Consumer and Business Insights teams to understand category opportunities, consumer needs, and identify opportunities to drive category growth & affinity
- Inspire the external agency team as well as internal media and merchandising teams by providing strong and meaningful program briefs to facilitate exceptional creative, strong 360 media plans, and integrated digital activations to drive digital engagement
- Lead the development of omni-channel campaigns - building compelling briefs that tap into consumer & category insights, to inspire creative & media agency teams to develop impactful marketing campaigns that create meaningful connections with consumers to drive brand & business results (merchandising, mass, digital, social, owned assets & media plans)
- Partner with the digital team to ensure that we are connecting with consumers in meaningful ways through our owned channels, and with specific tactics that pair our Core icons with digital extensions to drive Digital Guest Counts and My McDonald’s Rewards
- Responsible for building strong media plans, working closely with internal media team & external media agency to ensure purposeful omni-channel media plans, complemented with relevant creative messages
Strategy & Analysis
- Support the Senior Manager on building holistic value strategy, and sides category plans
- Build campaign & promotion recommendations, gaining internal and franchisee alignment
- Interpret and evaluate information related to sales, P & L, promotional evaluation, competition, general economic trends, and qualitative/quantitative research
- Provide clear business, marketing, and communication objectives & KPIs
- Responsible for understanding and being up to date with program sales results and trends
- Collaborate with Menu, CI & BI teams to develop product innovation and pipeline for Core menu
- Maintain contact with Global and US teams on food related marketing initiatives to ensure alignment and opportunities to share/steal great ideas that will benefit the McDonald’s system
- Build strong relationships and foster teamwork among agencies, marketing team, and cross-functional teams to achieve maximum performance
- Manage and mentor a Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for the execution of product launches and campaign strategy
- Empower the people you work with by providing guidance, clear communication & coaching
- The experience:
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in consumer retail or service marketing
- Ability to work in fast-paced and multi-functional matrix organizations is an asset
- Digitally savvy with understanding in how to reach consumers in a social world
- The education: Post-secondary education with a focus on Marketing, Business or related discipline
- Technical skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, staff, and external partners.
- Innovative problem-solving skills: Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner.
- Project management experience: Organized with the ability to make critical decisions to execute project activities without error. Detail oriented with the ability to work independently, and with others in the context of a team.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.