Market People Leader
Market People Leader
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition
- Flexible schedule that suits your needs
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- People Strategy: Providing HR support to the market leadership by contributing to the development and implementation of specific human resources strategies and related planning that supports the growth and evolution of the business while managing risk. Staying current on best practices and trends related to human resources and incorporating this information into work assignments. Consulting in the development of a change management strategy considering the goals, resources required, and forces of resistance to achieve the organization’s plan.
- Human Resources Metrics, Reporting, and Financial Management: Ensuring compliance and enforcement of human resource management and provincial compensation laws, standards and rules. Making informed business decisions using financial and operating information to align human resources with the business strategy.
- Restaurant Profitability: Supporting the market as required through audit, analysis and coaching working with the General Manager and Operations Consultants to elevate priority restaurant performance to meet the annual/quarterly business and mitigation plans to maintain and improve guest satisfaction, market share and profitability. Supporting the Operations Consultants in completion of ROIP assessments and coaching the Restaurant Managers in completion of action plans and performance improvements.
- Workforce Planning, Staffing and Talent Management: Supporting the market workforce plan as a trusted HR professional by sourcing, selecting, hiring, on-boarding, and developing people to address competency needs and retain qualified talent aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives. Oversee and coordinate market-wide succession planning to ensure a healthy talent pipeline.
- Gold Standard Launch: Supporting the market to deliver "gold standard launches" with a focus on perfect execution targeted to drive continuous improvement and growth in business results. Assisting the restaurants by providing leadership, coaching and expertise with all activities that support the launch.
Your vibe and experience
While a post-secondary education in the Human Resources field and previous experience working in food service or retail in a HR context is always helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
You are a driven HR professional who understands general principles and matters, while knowing your counsel is equal parts logic, analysis, and strategy. You are actively engaged with people and demonstrate care, respect and passion for our guests. Equipping, trusting and empowering people to reveal their best self is what makes you want to go to work every day. You have a keen sense of what success and celebration should look like for the team you are working with. You adapt quickly to changing information, situations and direction while not losing momentum.
McDonald’s Canada and our Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.