Market People Lead
Market People Lead
At Restaurants Macco, we are much more than your local restaurant. We are a family owned business with five restaurants with over 300 dedicated employees, students working part-time, people building their careers and active seniors enjoying life to the fullest.
Reporting to the General Manager and the Director of Corporate Affairs and Human Resources, the person responsible for personnel directs and coordinates the implementation of the staffing plan through recruitment, hiring, integration , development, coaching and retention of talented employees. This person will advise the entire market and take care of the coordination and innovation of human resources. In collaboration with the Operations Supervisor and the managers of each of the restaurants, she will contribute to building a culture of high performance, employee experience and a "ONE team" approach. She liaises with her peers and senior management to carry out all of her duties and responsibilities, their percentage distribution will vary depending on restaurant needs and key times throughout the year. The manager will also have to perform various administrative tasks and support the management teams on certain projects or committees.
More specifically, the position has the following tasks and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Take charge of the complete staffing process (recruitment, analysis of applications, interviews, hiring), ensure reception and integration, and maintain an optimum number of team members, instructors and shift supervisors who have customer satisfaction at heart.
- Compile statistics and provide analysis for senior management and management teams. Track and analyze HR performance indicators and trends and collaborate with restaurant managers in the realization of creative staff acquisition, retention and talent management strategies.
- Support managers in the coordination of life at work activities (year of recognition, scholarships, social outings, team meetings, etc.) and contribute to the coordination of activities, annual outings and consolidation meetings teams.
- Optimize internal and external communication channels and maximize the positioning of the employment value proposition while ensuring that the culture and values ??of the organization are an integral part of policies and practices concerning human resources. Maintain contacts with recruiting agencies, job fairs, and local and government agencies to build strong relationships in the community.
- Collaborate with the administrative manager in the management of payroll files and group insurance programs. Answer general questions about HR programs and policies.
- Facilitate restaurant training workshops for employees and any other related training (harassment, health and safety, diversity and inclusion, francization, socio-cultural awareness, wellness initiatives, etc.) and meet with all employees regularly for this purpose .
Your energy and experience
- Post-secondary training DEC in human resources or university certificate in human resources desired or experience in human resources and strategic recruitment.
- Previous restaurant experience, first aid course, MAPAQ certification an asset.
- Knowledge of Acomba, Clearview, Southware software (an asset).
- Bilingualism (excellent command of French, functional English).
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and social networks.
- To thrive in this position, the skills required are to learn easily, act with rigor and thoroughness, show initiative and autonomy, have a strong interest in teamwork, have a great sense of organization and management of priorities as well as the ability to manage several files simultaneously while handling confidential information with professionalism, tact and discretion. In addition, you are a motivated person with excellent social and communication skills who will demonstrate diligence, respect and passion for our employees and customers. Finally, you like to keep up to date with standards, policies, labor laws and HR tools to improve leadership capacity and to optimize market results.
Work with Us offer means that you will have the opportunity to learn by working in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment as well as in a family and relaxed atmosphere. What this means in practice:
· Permanent full-time position. 50% at the administrative office and 50% in the market restaurants. Availability required a few evenings and one weekend per month.
· Overall compensation based on experience starting at $45,000/year, based on training completed and annual performance increase.
· Free meals during shifts, 50% discount on food products at participating McDonald's restaurants in Canada and corporate discounts at various merchants.
· Access to paid continuing education and skills development opportunities that will advance you and open up career opportunities around the world.
· Free uniforms, if desired.
· Flexible schedule and work-family-study balance.
· Reimbursement of mileage at work. Need to have a vehicle to move between market restaurants in Sherbrooke.
· Cell phone and laptop provided.
· Opportunity to express your authenticity at work - people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures are welcome - just like the customers who frequent our restaurants every day.
· Full range of benefits, group insurance, retirement savings program, rewards, recognition and motivation programs, social and team building activities, and much more!
end of August 2022.
We are committed to our long-standing policy that all employees and applicants have equal and fair access to opportunities. If your application is accepted as part of the selection process, we will contact you.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF OUR TEAM, APPLY TODAY! PLEASE SEND YOUR CV WITH A COVERING LETTER TO GERANTPERSONNEL@RESTMACCO.COM
Click below to applyApply Online
Req ID: PDX_MC_1E8A1493-F4BA-433B-A608-5B238862D461_74768