Manager, Social Lead & Brand
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Manager, Social Lead & Brand
Position band: Manager (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Director Marketing; Brand Strategy
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
McDonald’s Canada has an exciting opportunity as a Manager of Social & Brand, who will lead our social media strategy, and support on key Brand initiatives. This role will set the tone & intention for how the brand communicates & engages across all social channels, and lead brand initiatives on the marketing calendar (within trust, affinity & community platforms).
You will lead the strategy for always-on organic content, as well as social-led campaigns that will drive relevance and engagement with our brand fans, with the goal of growing our community and engagement.
You will be a SME - providing guidance to marketing leads, to enhance our social & influencer activations within national & regional campaigns.
In short, you get the keys to McDonald’s Canada social kingdom with one of the best teams in the business.
Who You Are
A strategic and experienced marketing and social & brand professional, who is passionate about keeping up with the latest in trends and culture - whether it’s attempting the latest TikTok sound for yourself or going deep into the internet to understand why something is trending. You are adaptable and open-minded and are comfortable with ambiguity. You love storytelling and can create, ideate and uncover new angles or craft interesting stories.
Leveraging strong thinking agility, you know when it’s appropriate to activate on a trend or observe from afar, or when a brand should act - either way you’ll uncover something new. You are a lover of all things social - you understand how creators work, love a good meme, and you’re curious about what’s new and upcoming. You recognize the modern customer and believe that an engaged customer within our community is critical for long-term brand success.
You’re comfortable being the quarterback but also being the linesman - in this role you will oversee the strategy and creative of big and small campaigns, working closely with our internal and external agency cross functional teams.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will be part of the global organization delivering programs and capabilities to help enable the transformation. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to managers, Executives and the Chief Marketing Officer.
Lead our national social strategy:
- Set the vision and tone for how we communicate with Canadians to drive relevance, engagement, and brand affinity
- Work with agency teams and social specialist to establish an editorial and content calendar to engage our online communities across platforms, ensure that McDonald’s maintains a consistent voice and strategic message across important and emerging social media platforms
- Lead the strategy & development of social-first initiatives, and identify key moments for our brand to participate in social - cultural, brand & trend opportunities that will drive our relevance
- Champion social-first creative - rooted in guest truths and platform behaviours
- Set & deliver goals for audience development, engagement and new online communities
- Evolve the strategy to measure and monitor success of social media initiatives
- Leverage our global network to establish and share best practices across the McDonald’s organization
- Understand trends in social media by benchmarking McDonald’s practices against competitors’ practices and attending industry association conferences when appropriate
- Lead the education, training & development of social media skills and trends within the marketing team
- Work cross-functionally within marketing and the impact team to identify and bring to life our role within community/culture to build trust & relevance.
- Manage the development and execution of key brand campaigns within the marketing calendar - leading the strategy, utilizing consumer insights, inspiring the agency to develop break-through creative, build effective media plans, and engage cross-functional teams as needed (communications, legal, qa, supply chain, menu) - to deliver impact campaigns that drive brand perceptions and long-term brand health & loyalty
Social & Brand Initiatives:
- Work closely with the External Communications team to protect and defend the McDonald’s brand.
- Provide oversight & consult on managing issues that arise in social ecosystems (partnering with guest relations, legal and government affairs)
- Oversee robust social media monitoring program to identify risks, competitive updates, and potential issues for escalation
- Support our influencer and content creator strategy, including integration into brand campaigns and owned channel engagement
- The experience. 5-7 years of experience managing social media & marketing for large-scale consumer brand is required. Managing content calendars across social platforms and a deep understanding of social publishing and monitoring tools (Airtable, Sprout, Hootsuite, etc.). Knowledge of and passion for metrics and trends and proven track record of acting on data. Experience in social media listening tools including Sprinklr, Dovetale, Cision is considered a bonus.
- The education. Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related discipline
- Project management: Demonstrated experience working on complex, large-scale and time-critical projects.
- Communication and influencing skills: Ability to identify and respond quickly to real-time content needs Experience managing agencies with technical, or creative resources for programs and campaigns. Paid and earned media experience is also a bonus.
- Bilingual in French and English is a significant advantage, but not a requirement.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.