Manager, New Foods Sourcing
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Manager, New Foods Sourcing
Department: Supply Chain Management
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Senior Manager, New Foods & Packaging
Type of position: Full-time
We have an opening in the Supply Chain Department for a Manager, New Foods. The person in this position will have the following major responsibilities:
- To ensure a continuous supply of products to our restaurants while providing low cost / best value to our System.
- To ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- To support the Marketing calendar execution and cross-functional alignment with other departments.
- To support the Franchisees and restaurants in achieving their goals and increasing cash flows.
- To ensure suppliers are aligned with our Corporate goals.
- Key customers include Senior Management; Suppliers; Franchisees; Restaurants, Marketing, Menu Management, Business Insights, and other cross-functional teams.
Who we are
You thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy building productive work relationships with internal and external teams. You have strong project management and administrative skills to move the team forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a critical thinker, with strong communication skills to effectively support the team in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and assures supply of food and paper products on a regional and national basis through the development of sourcing strategies for productions and product launches.
- Participates in menu and promotional strategy development.
- Actively promotes suppler involvement in idea generation.
- Communicates project timelines and ensures projects are completed within the required deadlines.
- Manages the implementation of product strategies through participation in the execution plan development, coordination with key customer customers and monitoring processes and success measures.
- Facilitates knowledge transfer between suppliers to maximize Supply Chain efficiencies.
- Provides direction, information, feedback, and resources to suppliers to attain flawless execution.
- Manages our supplier relationships and the development of suppliers to ensure we have the best supplier partners that are well positioned and aligned with our goals to support the future of our business.
- Protects the Brand by ensuring the food safety and product compliance of our products.
- Supports the Franchisees in achieving their goals including that of increased cash flow.
- Ensures department goals are aligned with and support corporate goals.
- Provides purchasing & quality expertise to customers as required.
- Supply Chain/Purchasing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain principles including procurement and logistics.
- Strong research and analytical capabilities including financial analysis competencies.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.