Manager, National Property Management
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Manger, National Property Management
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant
Reports to: Senior National Asset Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Real Estate Asset Management Department is hiring a Manager, National Property Management, located in the Toronto office. The role reports to the Senior National Asset Manager. The successful candidate will partner with Lease Administration, Legal, Franchising, Finance and Accounting, Construction, Field Service and with Owner/Operators and be accountable for leading the national Property Management Team.
Key customers include: Regional and National Leadership, Legal, Owner Operators, McOpCo (Corporate Owned) and Regional Staff.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
- Have oversight of national portfolio of McDonald’s real estate portfolio of operating restaurants (~1500 restaurants), Excess Properties and tenant portfolio
- Lead the Property Management team, including oversight of the Reinvestment Initiative and Special Projects
- Partners with National Property Manager to address day-to-day property management issues including liaising with landlords and restaurant owners on matters such as site maintenance, lease concerns and landlord approvals
- Meet with Property Management team, tenants, vendors, contractors & senior management as needed to review & provide support to resolve escalations, operational challenges & implement new initiatives
- Lead the strategy for disposition of Excess Properties and tenant renewals including executing the strategy to maintain first-class assets
- Lead the initiatives for automatic workflow to provide vision and support for the build of a workflow app that ensures best-in-class practices are adopted and promote a service excellence culture throughout the organization
- Responsible for timely preparation and accuracy of the monthly and quarterly reporting packages for leadership and monitoring, and analyzing overall property performance, forecasting as required and communicating results to leadership.
- Additional projects and responsibilities, as modified and developed from time to time.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bilingual in French and English is not mandatory, but the role will have oversight of Quebec properties.
- 6+ years of experience in property management and financial management in commercial real estate, with a strong knowledge of leases
- QSR retail leasing experience or legal experience in commercial leasing considered an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to manage multiple sites at any given time, with tight deadlines - while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and technologically savvy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
- Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and lead all areas of responsibility, with minimal supervision and to impeccable professional standards.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.