We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners.
Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights on what your job will entail. This position is being posted to cover all of the McDonald's restaurants in the Sault Ste. Marie area and will require travel between locations:
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and secure work environment for guests, coworkers, and yourself, leveraging your knowledge of safety regulations and equipment.
- Multi-tasking in between troubleshooting, tending to store areas and appliances during your shift, and repairing décor and equipment, whether it’s during the day or throughout the night.
- Managing priorities, staying organized, and keeping on top of the various tasks with limited supervision.
Maintenance Lead is responsible for ensuring the overall cleanliness and condition of the restaurant’s physical plant and equipment, including the Play Place. This includes managing the Preventative Maintenance program and Calendar, and ensuring all tasks are assigned and completed. This manager makes sure the workplace is safe and secure for all, and that safety standards and processes are in place and followed by all employees.
Your vibe and experience
You are trustworthy and have trust in others. You’re a curious mind. You love to see how things work and are fascinated by the intricacies of objects. You’re good with your hands and mechanically adept. You’re always willing to learn and grow. You remain cool, calm and collected in a fast-paced environment. You’d rather do a job right the first time, than do it twice.
- Must have access to a vehicle with a valid G2 drivers license.
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Able to successfully troubleshoot basic equipment issues.
- Ability/drive to learn - training will be provided.
- Can lift over a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to read and understand manuals/check-lists.
- Available to work over-time as required & available on-call occasionally.