Learning & Development Specialist
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Learning & Development Specialist
Department: Learning & Development
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: National L&D Development Manager
McDonald’s Canada has an opportunity for a Learning & Development Specialist. Reporting to the National L&D Development Manager, you will be a key member of our National team working in tandem with teams in our regional offices across Canada. This position can be based out of Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. As a L&D Specialist you will work closely with the L&D Consultants to support with all initiatives. This includes administrative responsibilities related to our L&D Technologies, content development and some part-time class facilitation. This means you will support the development and coordination of training that motivates, builds competencies, and improves individual's performance and contribution to restaurant results.
Who You Are
You are a student of the business and are naturally curious to learn as much as you can because you also love to guide, to share your lessons and experiences with others and to ensure that our students receive a world-class training experience. As a phenomenal teammate, you are committed to a one-team approach to deliver on key performance indicators.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join an outstanding organization during an exciting time of entrepreneurial change. You will be part of the global Learning & Development Center of Excellence (COE) organization developing and delivering functional and leadership training to help enable the transformation. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Chief People Officer; from managers to Executives and Franchisees.
- Administrative support and management of all Virtual Classes through our internal SABA-cloud LMS (Learning Management System).
- Content development working in partnership with our National L&D Development Manager to build content for our Crew and Management Development Programs.
- Provide data analytics regarding training metrics and initiatives.
- Communicate with and respond to key partners including Owner Operators regarding our curriculum and our learning technologies, including maintaining web content in learning libraries and intranet platforms.
- Demonstrate and reinforce the leadership behaviors that support the McDonald’s vision.
- Serve each customer's requests by helping identify the appropriate resources and interventions to most effectively accomplish their objectives.
- Will require some part-time Virtual class facilitation in partnership with a L&D Consultant.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer service and/or hospitality environment; Operational expertise in QSR, restaurant industry and/or hospitality preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent, BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in working with Learning Management Systems along with experience in Web Design
- Familiar with Content Development and Adult Learning Principles
- Microsoft office expertise in Power Point, Word and Excel
- Video editing and graphics design would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Confident and competent public speaker
- French language skills would an asset.
- Ability to navigate through an ambiguous, every changing environment
- Self-starter who is capable of multi-tasking
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: 743999891114909
- Human Resources