Human Resources Manager, Corporate Staff & Talent Acquisition
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Human Resources Manager, Corporate Staff & Talent Acquisition
Department: Human Resources
Position band: Manager (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Type of Position: Full-time, permanent
McDonald’s Canada has a growth opportunity for a Human Resources Manager, Corporate Staff & Talent Acquisition.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be a key member of the Toronto-based team, working in tandem with specialists in our regional offices in Canada.
Who You Are
A strategic and experienced HR professional, who is a change agent and strong communicator. You can lead in a fast-paced and agile environment. The ideal candidate will have significant (7-10 years) of progressive HR & Talent Acquisition experience, leading all recruitment and retention and human resources policies. Being familiar with current best practices, HR tools and programs and emerging trends and issues is highly valued.
Leveraging strong thinking agility, you will bring a refined consultative approach that engages stakeholders in a collaborative manner. Very strong customer focus with keen attention to detail and ability to translate requirements into action. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
Key customers in this role include Executives, Corporate Staff and external vendors.
You are motivated by working in a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on the people portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will be part of the global HR organization delivering programs and capabilities to help enable the transformation. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to managers, Executives and the Chief People Officer.
The Human Resources Manager, Corporate Staff & Talent Acquisition will focus on:
- Act a strategic HR Business Partner: You will be a strategic partner to employees and business leaders to deliver a wide range of HR services, advice and support including but not limited to performance and talent management, talent acquisition, employee policies and practices, employee relations and organizational change.
- Be a subject matter expert: You will work as an expert counsel to provide guidance and coaching to key stakeholders on People practices, policies, procedures, strategies and systems, to achieve self-sufficiency and shared accountability. You will anticipate current employment landscape challenges and work together with other areas of the business to develop strategies for mitigation.
Lead a team: You will lead with a lens of developing talent, supporting, and leading a team of Talent Acquisition and Corporate HR Consultants. You will partner closely with the HR Director, Talent Management Lead and Total Rewards Manager to support initiatives and requests from key stakeholders.
Inspire innovation: You will drive innovation and change of People practices that improve business results.Qualifications:
The Manager, Corporate Staff & Talent Acquisition will have:
- The experience. Significant experience preferred in QSR, or a retail, hospitality or consumer goods environment providing expertise and leadership on recruitment and retention; as well as experience advising stakeholders on policies, procedures, and best practices.
- The education. The CHRP designation or working towards it is an asset. Previous experience working closely in partnership with Franchisees is an asset.
- Strong strategic proficiency, planning for the future based on customer insights.
- Excellent judgement: strong initiative and ability to work independently. Tact, empathy, and confidentiality in dealing with difficult or sensitive situations.
- You chart the right course by using data and critical thinking. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to identify, gather information and data, present options, and partner with stakeholders to resolve complex human resource matters effectively.
- Project management: Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology and project management experience both as an individual contributor and as a Project Lead.
- Experience delivering high quality assessments and tools, sometimes on tight timelines. Communication and influencing skills - ability to communicate effectively, building influence with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be able to establish credibility quickly as an expert source of counsel and drive the agenda forward.
- Bilingualism is a significant advantage, but not a requirement.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.