Guest Experience Leader
McCafé has a proud history of delivering quality coffee, baked goods, and delicious food items to guests across Canada. We highlight the rich, full-bodied flavour and enticing aroma of our signature espresso. We prepare our specialty coffees to your liking, and each are created with fresh Canadian milk, which is steamed, and perfectly frothed to deliver the ideal coffee experience every time.
Guest Experience Leader
We currently have an opportunity in our restaurant for a full-time & part-time Guest Experience Leader position. Reporting to the General Manager, the Guest Experience Leader is responsible for elevating the guest experience in our restaurants and providing assistance that exceeds our guest's expectations of McDonald’s. The Guest Experience Leader consistently maintains the positive, professional image of a McDonald’s leader to fellow colleagues and guests.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Connects with guests throughout the restaurant to provide a welcoming dining experience which includes, but is not limited to, providing directions, assisting parents and seniors, and inquiring about the quality of their visit and food
- Leading crew by example in elevating the guest experience and overall hospitality
- Works with the maintenance and dining room crew to identify and ensure that the restaurant remains clean, well-maintained, and properly equipped to meet guests' needs
- Becomes a Guest Traffic Guide (GTG) during peak periods
- Trained to be an expert on McDonald’s, our history, our menu, and our community involvement, specific to the restaurant
- Demonstrated knowledge about their local community, how to give directions and how to connect with all types/generations of guests
The ideal candidate will have:
- Engaging, extroverted personality and customer-focused mentality
- Proficient in-service stations, and certified in guest fundamentals
- Dedication to increasing the guest experience through proactive anticipation of guests' needs
- Demonstrated the ability and the empowerment to step in during guest recovery
- Prior hosting experience is an asset
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs
- A safe, respectful, and inclusive workplace
- Access to world-class training and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit us every day
Your vibe and experience
While previous experience working in food service or retail as a barista, server, sales associate, cashier, team member, or customer sales representative is always helpful and appreciated, what is most important is who you are.
You are trustworthy and have trust in others. You find joy in the details and believe good quality is what keeps guests coming back. You remain cool, calm and collected in a fast-paced environment. You understand there is no "I" in team and thrive in social situations. You’re always willing to learn and grow. You get that service isn’t a transaction, it’s about connection. That a smile can make all the difference in someone’s day. It’s genuine, and it’s who you are.
The McCafé brand launched in Canada in 2011, becoming a leading player in the Canadian quick-service coffee landscape with its Premium Roast coffee and espresso-based beverages. Building on its strong coffee credentials, McCafé has expanded into other menu categories including Real Fruit Smoothies, Frappés, and Bakery. McCafé opened its first standalone café in Toronto in 2015, offering its signature coffee products along with a café-style menu. McCafé coffee is made from 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified Arabica beans and can also be found in grocery stores and in the air on WestJet. For more information, please visit www.mcdonalds.ca/mccafe.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.