Full-time Overnight Shift Manager
Full-time Overnight Shift Manager - Starting as a Manager Trainee.
Sunday - Thursday, 11PM-7AM
The Full-time Overnight Shift Manager is responsible for overseeing daily restaurant operations through effective shift leadership and communication, ensuring safe and optimized service. Shift Manager plan for each shift, run informative energetic shift huddles, energize the team throughout the shift, monitor performance during the shift, take action to meet the guest demand while ensuring that the team is meeting McDonald’s standards, monitor safety, security, and profitability and communicate with the next Shift Manager to help prepare them to run a great shift, too. Shift Managers are also responsible for setting and meeting targets during their shifts and for helping their assigned Departments meet their goals.
This successful candidate for the Full-time Overnight Shift Manager will start as a Management Trainee, with the goal of completing the required Shift Manager training program. Upon the successful completion of training, they will be certified as a Shift Manager. Please note, training may take place throughout all day parts.
We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners.
Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Hourly premium for those working overnight shifts
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights on what your job will entail:
- Inspiring a team, instilling a sense of pride, and creating a culture that helps deliver the world’s best Quick Service Restaurant experience
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for your guests, your team, and yourself
- Managing and leading a team of Managers and Crew Members
- Participating in local events that positively impact your community
- Upholding our renowned cleanliness methodology
- Building sales and profits, which in turn build your value, professionally and financially.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Previous experience in a supervisory role, within the Quick Service Restaurant industry is preferred.
- Strong communication, leadership, time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- You’re resilient in stressful situations and always able to handle last minute requests.
- A deep desire to create and maintain a guest-centric atmosphere, upholding our promise of delivering Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value (QSC&V) to our guests.
- The ability to work as part of a driven, high-performance team.
- Driven to teach, coach and assist others in reaching their goals.
- Act as a role model within the restaurant, upholding and promoting a diverse and inclusive culture.
Manager Perks - Upon the completion of training
- Free meals while working and 50% off at participating McDonald's Restaurants in Canada
- Competitive wages with regular wage and performance reviews
- Quarterly bonus program
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.