At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position Title: Field Finance Manager
Position Band: G3
Reports to: Controller, National Field Finance
Type of Position: Full-Time
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world?! We currently have a full-time opportunity as a Finance Manager available in the Finance team. This position will report to the Controller and work closely with the Finance Directors as well as key stakeholders. We are looking for a professional that is motivated to learn, develop, and grow within our organization.
Who You Are
You are a CPA (CA/CMA/CGA) designated accountant with 2 years or more experience as a Senior Financial Analyst or Finance Manager. Your outstanding analytical skills are complimented by leadership skills and the ability to independently take projects to completion. As a catalyst, you look to initiate ideas and improvements across all levels of the organization and drive the right behaviors towards meeting our strategic objectives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote**
Support and Accelerate Business Growth:
- Analyze the short and long-term impact on profitability of Real Estate, Franchising, and Operations business initiatives and present results and recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Participate in the development of long-term National and Regional strategic plans
- Determine the financial viability of potential new restaurants and the value of existing sites ahead of restaurant transactions
- Provide value-added recommendations to Finance and Shared Service departments to improve profitability and processes
- Build high-level and detailed financial models to increase efficiency, identify opportunities and assess risks
- Lead special projects for Finance or Stakeholders with oversight from Controllers
- Proactively monitor and analyze Franchisees' financial position as it relates to profitability, equity, and cash flow, and provide recommendations to address concerns and take advantage of opportunities
- Understand and interpret business and industry trends and provide guidance and recommendations to minimize risk
- Update and establish Financial policies and standards
- Ensure stakeholders understand and uphold Financial policies and internal controls
Reporting and Planning:
- Monitor and accurately report on the financial performance of the Regions and Franchisees
- Assess and improve reports to ensure they meet the needs of stakeholders
- Prepare forecasts and projections for individual restaurants and key financial statement accounts
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a CPA designation is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience as a Finance Manager or Senior Financial Analyst.
- Ability to independently complete finance projects, including decision-making and ownership of deliverables.
- A catalyst who will initiate improvements in the business and drive the right behaviors towards meeting our department and corporate objectives
- Confidence to craft and communicate key messages as part of formal presentations to management and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- A passion to learn with a focus on continuous improvement of skills and growth within our organization
- Ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency with various software analytic tools
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint technical skills and experience with larger ERP systems
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.