At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Facilities Specialist
Department: Facilities Department
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Facilities
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world?! We are currently seeking a Facilities Specialist to join our team at the Toronto Corporate Office. This person is responsible for all administrative and special project tasks that come with managing a busy office, providing a remarkable level of service and genuinely wants to assist others to ensure their work environment is comfortable for the day-to-day operations. The Facilities Specialist will maintain a professional work ethic and provide essential communication among all key stakeholders for effective business continuity and will be involved in office space planning, research, and supply needs of an organization.
What’s in it for you?
You are highly organized and have a high attention to detail. You are comfortable working cross functionally with all levels in the organization. You genuinely enjoy the service industry. You are a self-starter with an ability to get things accomplished. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments without breaking a sweat and have strong communication skills.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to coordinate and execute all Facilities-related tasks, renovations, and alterations when they occur
- Monitor contractor services and budgets.
- Make recommendations for building improvements to maintain business continuity.
- Ensure that the effective and appropriate best practices are adhered to within the office environment.
- Coordinate the on-boarding and off-boarding of staff from a Facilities perspective: assigning workspace, printing name plates, assigning security access card, ensure relevant stakeholders are notified of staffing/workspace changes.
- Maintain office key management system and service all key-related requests (includes offices, workstation cabinets, filing cabinets etc.)
- Maintain office security access system, including system back-up, photo IDs, and card assignment.
- Communicate with staff on all activities that affect the Toronto office, including fire systems testing, scheduled outages, maintenance work, etc.
- Maintain evacuation procedure resources; member of Joint Health and Safety Committee; complete building inspections to ensure office safety standards are adhered; maintain WHMIS documentation.
- Administrate the payment of Facilities invoices.
- Provide customer service to both internal and external stakeholders regarding Facilities-related inquiries. Complaint resolution: ensure issues and escalations are properly addressed and escalated where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a Facilities role in a medium- to large-sized office environment and related experience in project management.
- Experience being part of working committees.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Broad knowledge of voice, data, and electrical installations.
- Working knowledge of furniture and building terminology.
- Strong communication skills to act as a liaison, work effectively, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently on day-to-day priorities and planning for future needs.
- Must have good organizational skills, be detailed-oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritization for completion.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.