Digital Analytics Consultant
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
We are building out exciting new digital capabilities to transform our guests’ experience. We currently have an open position for a Digital Analytics Consultant to support the Digital, CRM and Technology team in the Toronto Office.
Reporting to the Manager- Data Analytics, the Digital Analytics Consultant is responsible for measuring digital program performance, sharing impacts of digital products, campaigns, and guest experiences for the McDonald’s Canada business. The Consultant will also be versed in customer segmentation, with a key focus on driving conversion optimization and improving long-term customer value through personalized marketing. In alignment with the digital analytics strategy and roadmap, the analyst will navigate various data sources, systems, programs, research methodologies, and vendors to track, analyze, and synthesize data to provide clear and actionable insights.
The consultant will work closely with the Digital, Strategy & Insights, Technology, and Marketing teams to develop business-oriented, actionable recommendations for the McDonald’s Canada CRM program. This person will also work closely with the Global Digital Analytics team to strengthen the Canadian analytic capability.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will be relentlessly curious, with a passion for data and technology, have strong communication and presentation skills, and a hunger to continuously learn.
You are energized, organized, creative and a problem solver. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments without breaking a sweat and have strong written and communication skills. You are a people person, and enjoy partnering with others to drive success. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while helping contribute to the company’s overall success.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. The role reports to the Manager- Data Analytics at the Canadian Head Office in Toronto, and is part of the Canadian Technology team.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office (in Toronto) and 2 days remote**
- Measure and forecast the impact of digital engagement and product experience initiatives on the Canadian business.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive business insights, strategy and optimization opportunities that will generate quantitative information and insights capable of producing revenue, performance improvements, and evolve digital strategies.
- Work with various global team to mitigate the data issues in the database.
- Create and deliver targeted stakeholder presentations, dashboards, and data visualizations that surface key observations, learnings, and recommendations taken from the efforts of McDonald's Canada and competitors in social media, digital media and product experience including mobile, kiosk, etc.
- Form analyze to create a clear customer-focused story with actionable recommendations to influence future digital campaigns and revenue growth, with easy-to-follow conclusions and recommendations to senior management and cross-functional working teams.
- Use innovative and accurate measurement strategies to measure and communicate customer engagement and behavior from digital marketing campaigns, surfacing patterns and attributing performance to CRM and email.
- Experienced in E-commerce environments focused on customer engagement and purchase funnels, demonstrating skills to drive conversion rate optimization.
- Ensure all products and marketing campaigns are appropriately tagged, with data issues investigated and resolved, to ensuring high data quality providing rich data reporting.
- Create best in class Adobe analytics dashboard to support marketing and product team initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in business data analytics (including clickstream, email, and transactional data) working with CRM, loyalty or e-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, engineering or related quantitative fields preferred
- Extensive demonstrable experience performing hands-on analysis and presentation of business performance and data insights, ideally in retail and/or in an e-commerce environment
- Must have proficiency in clickstream analytics tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics) with experience in cross-channel analytics (e.g. app, email, web, search, and social)
- Demonstrated experience with BI/visualisation tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.)
- Must have knowledge of database structure and systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, Teradata, etc.) and cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience querying data using SQL with familiarity with ETL tools (i.e. Alteryx)
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel with intermediate expertise with PowerPoint
- Experience with data science cloud solutions (e.g. AWS EMR, Cloud Dataproc) to run scalable customer segmentation algorithms built on jupyterhub + Python / R
- Familiarity with clickstream data acquisition (tagging) through tag management solutions (e.g. Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, mParticle)
- Ability to work with agencies / IT partners on the design and implementation of data tracking and tagging
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with cross-functional team members and managers and subject matter experts within a large global matrixed organization
Soft Skill Requirements:
The successful candidate must display, to some degree, the following core competencies:
- Guest Focus: Strives to deliver high quality products and superior service that exceeds the expectations of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication: Demonstrates strong two-way communications skills. Conveys information and ideas in an open, articulate and timely manner. Considers cultural differences and others’ perspectives when communicating.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively as a member of a team and is committee to the overall team objectives rather than one’s own interest. Is open to other’s diverse ideas and leverages the team’s differences to achieve results.
- Focuses on what matters most: Maintaining a disciplined focus on those things that will have the greatest impact to the business and with greater accountability in delivering results.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.