Department Manager Trainee - Full Time
Department Manager Trainee - Full Time
In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s history. In 1967, the first McDonald’s Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we’ve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald’s Canada is proud to be one of the world’s leading foodservice retailers, offering job opportunities at corporate-owned restaurants or restaurants owned by independent franchisees.
We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners, students working part-time, career builders, and active seniors getting the most out of life. Did you know that from coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day, or that we have proudly helped more than 387,000 Canadian families with sick children through Ronald McDonald House Charities? If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today!
A McDonald’s Department Manager is responsible for providing leadership to Crew and other Managers. As a Department Manager, you will be responsible for leading a specific department, such as People, Guest Experience, Facilities, or Kitchen, and collaborating with others to achieve the optimum business results. In addition, a Department Manager is also responsible for ensuring Guest demand is captured and great Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value (QSC&V) is delivered to our Guest.
Additional responsibilities of a Department Manager include:
- Maintain a cooperative and harmonious working relationship between the management team and crew.
- Supervise the restaurants Crew, Team Leaders and Shift Managers to ensure the highest standards of QSC&V, with a constant focus on employee wellbeing and profitability.
- Ensure stock levels are sufficient and that inventory counts are constantly kept up to date.
- Follow up on functionality safe operations of equipment through the appropriate operating, cleaning and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain and enforce raw and finished product quality standards, ensuring all products exceed food safety and McDonald's standards.
What You Should Bring to our Team
You understand that service isn’t just a transaction. It’s about making a connection. You don’t lead by rules, you lead by example. You have high expectations and consistently raise the bar for not only yourself, but also your team. When confronted with a situation, you’re able to assess, and problem solve with confidence. You put people before profit, knowing that creating a positive culture leads to happier, more engaged staff who will deliver a better experience for your guests.
We are sure that you have an idea about what working with us is like, but just in case here are some of the highlights on what your job will entail:
- Inspiring a team, instilling a sense of pride, and creating a culture that helps deliver the world’s best Quick Service Restaurant experience.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for your guests, your team, and yourself.
- Managing and leading a team of Managers and Crew members.
- Participating in local events that positively impact your community.
- Upholding our renowned cleanliness methodology.
- Thinking of creative and innovative solutions to address business opportunities.
- Building sales and profits, which in turn build your value, professionally and financially.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- 2+ years of previous experience in a supervisory role, within the Quick Service Restaurant industry is preferred.
- Strong communication, leadership, time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- You’re resilient in stressful situations and always able to handle last minute requests.
- A deep desire to create and maintain a guest-centric atmosphere, upholding our promise of delivering Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value (QSC&V) to our guests.
- The ability to work as part of a driven, high-performance team.
- Driven to teach, coach and assist others in reaching their goals.
- Act as a role model within the restaurant, upholding and promoting a diverse and inclusive culture.
The successful candidate will be available to work all day parts including evenings, weekends and overnights, as this restaurant operates 24 hours.
Working with us means that you will have the opportunity to earn and learn, flexibility, and a safe and inclusive work environment. What this means in practice is:
- Access to education and skills development opportunities that take you further.
- Learn as you earn: Opportunity to gain knowledge on systems such as Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control, Restaurant Management and Operations, and much more!
- A total rewards package that includes discounts, incentives, and recognition perks.
- Flexible hours/shifts that suit your needs.
- A safe, respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Bring your authentic self to work - welcoming people of every age, background, and culture - just like the guests who visit our restaurants every day.
Department Manager Perks - Upon the completion of training
- Free meals while working and 50% off at participating McDonald's Restaurants in Canada
- Paid vacation days
- Health benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Competitive salary with regular wage and performance reviews
- Quarterly bonus program
"None of Us is as Good as All of Us" - Ray Kroc
At Lasalle McDonald's, we pride ourselves on offering a diverse, inclusive and people-focused culture. Behind our People Vision stands our absolute commitment to respect and recognize our people, to support their personal growth and education, to instill leadership and dedication, and to provide them with the best working environment possible.
Values and Behaviours
- We act in the best interest of the company, our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- We communicate openly, listen for understanding and value diverse opinions.
- We accept personal accountability.
- We coach and learn.
Respect and Recognition
- Employees are respected, valued and empowered.
- Employees are recognized and rewarded in many ways.
- Great rewards for outstanding work include a variety of exciting "Once in a Lifetime Opportunities."
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Click below to applyApply Online
Req ID: PDX_MC_E904930C-2583-434B-9696-6DE0D55908C8_75924