Data Acquisition System Analyst
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Data Acquisitions Systems Analyst
Department: Global Technology
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Manager, Data Analytics
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Data Acquisitions Systems Analyst is a full-time opportunity reporting to the Manager, Data & Analytics. Based in Toronto, the Data Analyst will be accountable for and not limited to estimating, analyzing, designing, developing, and testing data in our data information warehouse. The Analyst will work closely with various data teams and business stakeholders.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will be relentlessly curious, with a passion for data and technology, have strong communication and presentation skills, and a hunger to continuously learn.
You are energized, organized, creative and a problem solver. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments without breaking a sweat and have strong written and communication skills. You are a people person and enjoy partnering with others to drive success. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while helping contribute to the company’s overall success.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Estimating, Analyzing, Designing, Developing, Testing, Implementing, and providing post-implementation support for Information Warehouse projects
- Providing Information Warehouse production system support (problem determination, fix and root cause analysis)
- Managing Information Warehouse production system support tickets
- Creating and/or maintaining Information Warehouse documentation (production system support, project, general)
- Adhering to established project/problem/change management methodologies and procedures
- Actively supporting opportunities for continuous improvement related to the Information Warehouse environments
- Work within a team environment and maintain strong working relationships
- Completing all tasks in a professional, efficient, and confidential manner
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
- The experience/education:
- 3 years of experience in business data analytics specially on financial data.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, engineering, and/or related quantitative fields preferred.
- Technical skills:
- Experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Expertise in Hyperion (Oracle) Essbase, including:
- Developing and maintaining outlines, calculation scripts, report scripts and load rules
- User account maintenance and admin functions
- Configuration, patching and upgrades
- Experience with IBM Database ETL tools, developing and supporting Information Warehouse ETL jobs and sequences
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external partners
- Agility: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work independently
- Any previous working knowledge of: IBM DB2 database environment, developing and maintaining tables, views, indexes and SQL queries, MS SQL Server Reporting and Analysis tools (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS) is a plus
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.