Consumer Insights Specialist
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Consumer Insights Specialist Department: Strategy & Insights
Position band: Specialist (G2)
Reports to: Consumer Insights Manager
Type of position: Full-time
Our Strategy & Insights team is dedicated to uncovering and articulating meaningful insights that inspire great advertising, great food and award-winning promotional programs. We are committed to constantly improving the guest experience with the goal of transforming McDonald’s brand perception. Sometimes we adapt methodology from our global markets, but just as often or more, we need to design our own solutions. We are on a journey to become one of the strongest, most dynamic research departments in Canada as well as in the McDonald’s system.
We currently have an opportunity for a Consumer Insights Specialist in the Strategy & Insights Department. This position requires you to lead on insights and influence brand and business strategies for Canada.
Who you are
You thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy building productive work relationships with internal and external teams. You have strong project management and administrative skills to move the team forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are curious, a critical thinker, and have strong communication skills to effectively support the team in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Curiosity and strong strategic thinking
- Identifies business issues and utilizes available resources to aid in the development and execution of custom research projects by taking initiatives and follow-through
- Works with manager to provide actionable recommendations and influence key business decisions
- Ensures insights are embedded across the decision-making process in the organization
- Collaborates closely with internal and external business partners (strategic planners, marketing, menu, business insightsetc.)
Deep Consumer Understanding
- Ensures consumer voice and insights are at the forefront across the organization (marketing brief, creative brief, strategic planningetc.)
- Uncovers consumer insights through various research approaches
- Understands consumer needs and how McD’s differentiates from its competitors in the market
- Synthesize latest relevant trends from secondary resources to identify most compelling sources of changing consumer purchase behaviours
- Brings consumer insights to life through a variety of techniques such as creative writing, storytelling, video and immersion sessions
Ability to Synthesize Insights
- Provides accurate, relevant, timely information so that strategic business partners (internal and agency) make informed and confident decisions.
- Interprets and evaluates information related to the study results with past research and other available data (i.e. industry information, sales, P&L, promotional evaluation, competition, general economic trends, and qualitative/quantitative research).
- Able to think outside of the box and provide new and interesting ways to solve problems
- Seeks out and shares new information and thinking to drive the business forward Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of research and insights programs, and make recommendations for improvement
- Builds relationships and fosters teamwork among agencies, research suppliers and marketing and operations to achieve maximum performance.
- Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a consumer research position from a client company and/or research company
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills including experience with innovation, product testing, tracking, and advertising.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Project management: ability to lead and prioritize multiple research and/or analysis initiatives at the same time
- Analysis: organized with strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Technical Skills: experience in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: strong and clear communicator (oral and written) paired with confident presentation skills
- Flexibility: Demonstrated agility in adapting to changing needs, priorities and scope
- Desire to learn and grow: Champion of personal and professional growth with demonstrated modelling of a growth mindset
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.