Construction Project Manager
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Reinvestment Area Construction Manager
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Consultant/Supervisory (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Manager, National Reinvestment
Location: Burnaby, Toronto, Calgary or Winnipeg
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Reinvestment Area Construction Manager will be accountable for construction execution (project management) of reinvestment projects throughout Canada. This includes all types of reinvestment projects such as standard (interior) projects, expansions, conditions of rewrite, and condition of sales.
Who You Are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move projects forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Job Responsibilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivates and promotes positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e.: franchisees, corporate staff, general contractors, architects, vendors and municipal authorities etc.)
- Monitors and control the reinvestment project management process by coordinating the efforts of others (O/O, McOpCo, Contractors, and external Consultants)
- Ensures quality control standards for Reinvestment (cost, time, conformity with specifications and standards)
- Managing and tracking project budgets, schedules, construction, and project close out.
- Developing scopes, estimates, tenders, and awarding contracts.
- Creating purchase orders and CCO’s.
- Managing change orders, deficiencies, and project close out.
- Providing regular project reports and updates to management.
- Site visits required for projects within Canada
- The experience: Demonstrated experience in construction project management. Experience in the Quick-Service-Restaurant (QSR) industry is considered an asset.
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively build strong partnerships with management, staff, and external partners.
- Project management experience: Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to make critical decisions to drive project success.
- Technical skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Agility: Ability to work in fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing priority paired with the ability to travel within Canada up to 30% of the year.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.