Bilingual Leasing Law Clerk
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Bilingual Leasing Law Clerk
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Senior Legal Counsel
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world?!
We currently have an opportunity for a Leasing Law Clerk in our Legal Department in the Toronto or Montreal office.
This position will be accountable for drafting and negotiating agreements and documentation primarily in the area of commercial leasing. This Leasing Law Clerk will support McDonald’s Canadian growth objectives by partnering with the Restaurant Development team and other internal business units to open new restaurants across the country. This position will provide you with an opportunity to hone your existing leasing skills, explore new issues, work closely with, and be mentored by other members of the legal and business teams.
Who you are
You thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy building productive work relationships with internal and external teams. You have strong project management and administrative skills to move the team forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a critical thinker, adaptable and confident with strong communication skills to effectively support the team in a fast paced and agile environment.
In addition to adhering to McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support McDonald’s Restaurant Development team with the preparation, drafting and negotiation of commercial leases, licence agreements and contracts for the acquisition and disposition of real property across Canada
- Advise on title, off-title, zoning, construction and other due diligence matters related to commercial leasing
- Provide support to lawyers and other law clerks in the Legal Department, engage and manage external legal counsel across Canada
- Identify and implement process improvements and working efficiencies within the Legal team and across the business
- Build precedent and template documents and augment existing Legal Department resources
- Fluent language communication skills (written and verbal) in both French and English
- At least 7 years of experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial leases and ancillary legal documents
- Being licensed as a paralegal, a law clerk designation or equivalent law clerk education will be an asset
- Prior experience at a law firm or in-house from a major corporation will be an asset
- Outstanding analytical, drafting and negotiation skills, with an ability to learn quickly and apply technical skills to a wide range of business initiatives
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.