Bilingual Human Resources Consultant - Eastern Region
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Bilingual Human Resources Consultant - Eastern Region
Department: Human Resources
Position band: Supervisor/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Manager
Type of Position: Six-month contract
McDonald’s Canada has a six-month contract opportunity for a Bilingual Human Resources Consultant based in Dorval, Quebec. Reporting to the Regional HR Manager, you will be a key member of the Quebec Human Resources team, working in tandem with the National Human Resources team.
As the Regional HR Consultant for Quebec, you will focus on:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders throughout the province of Quebec: You will work as counsel to provide guidance, training and development to key stakeholders on People practices, policies, procedures, strategies and systems, to achieve self-sufficiency and shared accountability.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of people initiatives: You will support, and execute on various people initiatives such as attraction, recruitment, retention, engagement, compensation and benefits, and rewards and recognition. You will collaborate with Operations, Learning and Development, Communications and Owner/Operators, to lead and assist with the implementation of these programs.
- Being proactive: You will anticipate current employment landscape challenges and work together with other areas of the business to implement strategies for mitigation.
- Being a strategic HR Business Partner: You will be a strategic partner to the Owner/Operators, Corporately owned restaurants and the Field Service team
- Innovation: You will drive innovation and change of people practices that improve business results.
Who you are
You are a bilingual strategic HR professional and want to apply your expertise on a regional and national scale. You are a change agent and a strategic communicator who can effectively support our system in a fast-paced and agile environment.
You are looking for a role where you can leverage and grow your skills while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives, the business, and your team.
What you bring
- Collaborative and communication skills: Refined consultative approach that engages stakeholders in a collaborative manner. Very strong customer focus with keen attention to detail and ability to translate requirements into action. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Ability to present, influence and communicate information based on target audience.
- Innovative problem-solving skills: High attention to detail and is able to develop and present recommendations supported by data. Able to contribute innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- The experience: 2-4+ years of progressive HR experience with deep knowledge of workplace-related legislation, human resources policies and practices, recruitment and retention, talent management, and investigations. Familiar with best practices, HR tools and programs, and emerging trends and issues.
- The education: Post-secondary education with a focus on Human Resources or a related field of study. A Human Resources designation is an asset (CPHR).
- Bilingual (English and French) required.
- Travelling may be required according to business needs.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.