Area Construction Manager - New Build Team
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Area Construction Manager - New Build Team
Department: Restaurant Development
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports to: Regional Construction Manager
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
The Area Construction Manager will be accountable for construction execution (project management) of new build projects across Ontario.
Who You Are:
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move projects forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Job Responsibilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise and support during the site due diligence phase.
- Monitor design development, and establish project costs for new sites with McDonald’s real estate partners.
- Oversee site and building design with internal and external consultant teams to ensure compliance, quality, constructability and scheduled deliverables.
- Overall contract administration inclusive of project tender processes, negotiations, award and construction administration to general contractors and national vendors.
- Manage project performance, prepare status reports on project costs, asset management deliverables and overall project schedule.
- Manage overall project commissioning, closeout and Owner/Operator hand over procedures.
- Identify and manage on-going challenges, risk and value engineering opportunities within the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Organize, attend and minute construction meetings, site visits and deliverables with general contractors, vendors, internal and external.
- Liaise with municipal bodies, Authority Having Jurisdiction, utility companies, franchisees, and other internal and external partners as required for project success.
- Cultivate and promote positive working relationships with internal and external team members.
- Prepare, maintain and issue on-going regular project reports and updates.
- The Experience: 5 to 10 years of progressive experience as a construction project manager. Experience in land development, landlord or tenant representation. Retail or Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR) construction industry experience is considered an asset.
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively build strong partnerships with management, staff, and external partners.
- Project management experience: Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to make critical decisions to drive project success.
- Technical skills: Experience with Microsoft Office applications (including SharePoint, OneNote, One Drive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Bluebeam is considered an asset.
- Agility: Ability to work in fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing priority paired with the ability to travel within Canada up to 30% of the year.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.